Divisional Commissioner is the chief representative of State Government in the Division.
The main functions of Divisional Commissioner are as follows:
1. He is Head of Revenue Administration and Zilla Parishad, Local Sector Government in the Division.
2. Ensure proper & effective implementation of the various developmental schemes including poverty alleviation, civil supplies, employment generation, drinking water, primary health, primary education and development of infrastructure, etc.
3. Ensure proper and effective co-ordination amongst the various organizations of the Government and public Ensure proper and effective co-ordination amongst the various organizations of the Government and public.
4. Remove the bottlenecks if any in the smooth implementation of the various development programmes
5. Ex-officio Chairman of Divisional Sports Committee, Amravati Flying Club,Vidarbha Relief Committee, President of Cancer Relief Society and President of Indian Institute of Public Administration, Local Branch Amravati. Overall charge of these Institutions ensuring that they function strictly in accordance with their rule & bye laws and progress well.
6. Disposal of Appeals related to Establishment matters of Revenue Department, Zilla Parishad, Village Panchayat Act, Slum Act, Entertainment Duty Act, etc.
7. Supervise, guide and control the various offices in the division especially that of Collectors, Chief Executive Officers of Zilla Parishads, Superintendents of Police and Municipal Councils